What would you get if you crossed the movie Inception with the Atlassian Marketplace? Leonardo DiCaprio going inside devs’ dreams to close out thorny JIRA issues? CUTE for Confluence and JIRA by Communardo Software isn’t quite that awesome, but it’s pretty close. It offers plugins inside of plugins for JIRA and Confluence, making theming and UI customization for your wiki or issue tracker easy and modular.
Styling JIRA and Confluence with CUTE
CUTE stands for “Communardo Universal Theme Extensions” – a new way of theming Confluence and JIRA by using Communardo Software’s pre-built extensions or creating new ones to customize the UI of JIRA or Confluence. No need to get your hands dirty with the Atlassian Plugin SDK–instead, admins can use simple and flexible customizations that work even after updates to Atlassian’s products.
How does CUTE work?
Activate, de-activate, import, export, and create extensions in just one click. Using CUTE means that if you want to make a small change to a Confluence menu or the page layout for JIRA, you don’t need to write a plugin or go into your instance’s source code, potentially saving admins an upgrade nightmare.
The CUTE-est Extensions
- JIRA Zenlike Theme – Themes! For JIRA! This extension includes a header with space for a banner and a background image.
- Confluence Favorites Menu – Quickly access your favorited Confluence pages directly from the navigation bar.
- Confluence Horizontal Scrollbar – Wide pictures and tables can get disorienting on a page–simplify horizontal scrolling with an automatic visible scroll bar.
- Confluence Metadata Box Extension – Get metadata about a page, normally stored under the Tools menu, in one click.
- Confluence Teaser Image Dashboard – Add teaser images to the main feed of your Confluence dashboard.
Where can I see CUTE?
Communardo is running several free webinar about CUTE in January so that you can watch an extension get created on the fly. See how easy it is and get your questions answered. Sign up using the links below:
- January 15, 2013; 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. CET (5:00 am – 6:00 am PST) (German)
- January 24, 2013; 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. CET (9:00 am – 10:00 am PST) (English)
NEW in the Marketplace:
- Facebook’s “View profile as…” feature is a great way to ensure your privacy settings are configured correctly. Do the same thing with JIRA permissions using Teamlead Werewolf for JIRA.
- Create custom email notifications for any user, based on any JQL query, with Notification Assistant for JIRA by Riada Labs.
- Already using JIRA and want a simple way to do CRM without investing in another tool? Leverage your JIRA investment with the CRM Plugin for JIRA by OBSS.